So I am 100% late to the party with this one but I have just discovered my love for Podcasts, I think its the fact that I can play them whilst carrying on with other things…I’m not good at sitting still and focusing at the moment, I think I just feel like my never ending job list wont let me take proper time out so a Podcast fits perfectly into the pace!
I thought I would share my favourite Podcasts that I’m listening to at the moment:
- The High Low – Dolly Alderton and Pandora Sykes touch on a variety of current pop culture subjects from the ‘#Metoo’ campaign to chatting about the ‘Legacy of Playboy’ their Podcast is just like sitting with your girls mates and sharing opinions on a crazy range of subjects. Its light but not in an air head way!
- Happy Mum Happy Baby- Giovanna Fletcher is by far one of my favourite mums (see my post which features her book here) I feel like when she talks she’s voicing all the same thoughts as me, I know we could be best friends! Gi’s guests include Fearne Cotton, Rochelle Humes and Clemmie Hooper among other fantastic ‘celeb’ mums ohh and dad in the form of her husband Tom Fletcher – A must listen for any mums and dads who want some light relief and to know you are not alone in this parenting game!
- The Girls guide to the galaxy – This is a fairly new Podcast hosted by Caggie Dunlop and Jennifer Jaden and so far has covered ‘Saying goodbye to Diets’ and ‘Your Inner Self critic’; what I really like about it is that both girls aren’t afraid to share their personal experiences and are willing to talk openly about the issues. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next!
- Ted Talks daily – Everyone knows about Ted Talks on YouTube and this is just the Podcast version, I love TT because the episodes are so dramatically vast, covering every topic imaginable. One minute you are listening to ‘3 Fears about Screen time for kids and why its not true’ to Ronald Sullivans ‘How I helped free innocent people from Prison’ I always feel way more educated after I have listened to an episode! I guarantee you will find something to suit you!
- The Glossy Podcast – I particularly like this Podcast because it typically covers fashion and beauty brands but in the business sense, discussing the economic climate and how the industry has had to adapt accordingly. I really liked the Rachel Zoe episode and have the Phil Picardi one ready on my unplayed list!
My unplayed list as you can imagine is building rapidly and I have yet to listen to Breaking Beauty Podcast, Bryony Gordons Mad World and The Mothering Kind so I will report back once I have given them a go…
Let me know if you have any favourites that I need to check out!
Love Harriet x