After a hectic day last week, I could feel I needed to unwind and one of the best ways to do this is to get my bake on! I came across this easy recipe for Mars bar slices and we know I LOVE anything chocolatey and simple. I added my own twist to make it welllll even more..Chocolatey!
- 4 Cups of Rice Crispies
- 4 x Mars bars
- 75g Butter
- 1 tbs Golden syrup
- 400g Milk chocolate
- Melt the butter, 2 of the mars bars (chopped up) and syrup in a bowl over a low heat
- Stir in the crispies and mix well so all is combined
- Press mixture into a lined tin and refrigerate until firm
- Melt chocolate in a bowl on a low heat then spread over the crispie base
- Sprinkle remaining chopped Mars bars and anything else you fancy to top the slice, I added mini Reese cups
- Refrigerate until firm
- Slice with a warm knife and enjoy!
Love Harriet x
Over the very indulgent Easter weekend last month, I decided to add more sugar into the mix and create some delicious white chocolate Blondies….I mean if you cant overload on sugar at Easter then when the hell can you? Blondies for anyone who’s not aware is the classic Brownies little sister and full of white chocolate and raspberries in this case!
- 190g butter, melted and cooled
- 375g golden caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 260g plain flour
- 300g white chocolate, broken into chunky pieces
- 150g frozen or fresh raspberries
- 25g (1oz) white mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven 180°C and line your chosen tin
- Mix the butter and sugar, then add the vanilla extract
- Add the eggs, one at a time and make sure you stir with each addition
- Fold the flour and white chocolate, then add the raspberries, until all mixed together
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 50 minutes, careful not to burn the top!
- Remove from the oven, scatter over the mini marshmallows and bake for a further 10 minutes
- Take out and leave to cool in the tin completely then cut and serve
I took this recipe from the little Tesco cards and based this on ‘Joan’s missing you Blondies’ and its inspired me to pick up some more cards and try out new things!
Let me know if you bake them, they really are delish!
Love Harriet x
Ok, so I love an Easter cornflake chocolate nest (who doesn’t?) and I will 100% be baking some cream egg rocky road for the Easter celebrations (check out my insta over the bank hol weekend!) but I have also made these little mini-egg delights and I just HAD to share the recipe!
These little bites are so incredibly easy to make and taste so delish plus they look impressive.. You gotta bring these to the Easter table!
*400g White chocolate
*250g Mini eggs
*1 can of Condensed milk
*2 tsp of Vanilla essence/ extract
*1 tbs of butter
*Put the mini eggs in a bag and bash them into random size pieces
*Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water
*Once melted add the condensed milk and mix whilst on a low heat
*Take the bowl off the heat and mix in the vanilla and butter
*Add in 3/4 of the mini eggs and combine well
*Pour into a lined tin and add the remaining eggs to the top
*Leave on the side to cool for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge for 3.5 hours
*Cut up and try not to eat too many yourself!
Happy Easter, Love Harriet x