You will never learn as much about yourself as you do when you have a child…The length of your patience and how far it can really be pushed, how breathing and counting to 10 does really help, how much you can REALLY love someone and how a simple unprompted cuddle can cause ripples of emotion.
Here are also some life lessons perhaps I didn’t give enough value to…
- 6pm has a new meaning to the day…wind down, bed time hour, time for milk and snuggles and an hour until my little bundle of craziness gives me some ‘quiet’ time!
- Mr Tumble provides a great free babysitter…no i’m not talking about leaving the house but simply a second to put a wash on, clean the house without ‘mummy football’ following me around. Mr T is a permanent fixture on our sky record.
- Flop from Bing is #parentgoals how does he remain so calm and focused?
- Why does the world insist on being extra loud when its nap time? charity workers decide its the perfect time to knock on the door, neighbours start strimming the grass…NO NO NO
- Snacks and bribes should be taken EVERYWHERE! in the car, in every single bag I own!
- YouTube has demos for everything you could need; Setting up the pram, installing the IsoFix..the list is endless to tap into
- A quiet but more importantly hot cup of tea is like winning the lottery….A magazine or book is a bonus prize! Simple things you don’t value until you are a parent.
- Finding mum friends and going for a park date or walk is more fulfilling and soul satisfying then any expensive baby club!
- Mum guilt will hit you but its normal and so so common…talk to those mum friends they will make you feel better!
- You become amazing at inventing characters and scenarios to entertain your toddler or to help with a simple task… Currently Sonny believes the neighbours cat is watching him eat his dinner and monitoring his progress, anything for another spoonful of pasta!
As we are rapidly approaching the 2 year mark I am sure there is plenty more to learn and open my eyes up so I will keep you updated!
Have you learnt anything extra? I’d love to hear them!
Love Harriet x