So I am 100% late to the party with this one but I have just discovered my love for Podcasts, I think its the fact that I can play them whilst carrying on with other things…I’m not good at sitting still and focusing at the moment, I think I just feel like my never ending job list wont let me take proper time out so a Podcast fits perfectly into the pace!
I thought I would share my favourite Podcasts that I’m listening to at the moment:
- The High Low – Dolly Alderton and Pandora Sykes touch on a variety of current pop culture subjects from the ‘#Metoo’ campaign to chatting about the ‘Legacy of Playboy’ their Podcast is just like sitting with your girls mates and sharing opinions on a crazy range of subjects. Its light but not in an air head way!
- Happy Mum Happy Baby- Giovanna Fletcher is by far one of my favourite mums (see my post which features her book here) I feel like when she talks she’s voicing all the same thoughts as me, I know we could be best friends! Gi’s guests include Fearne Cotton, Rochelle Humes and Clemmie Hooper among other fantastic ‘celeb’ mums ohh and dad in the form of her husband Tom Fletcher – A must listen for any mums and dads who want some light relief and to know you are not alone in this parenting game!
- The Girls guide to the galaxy – This is a fairly new Podcast hosted by Caggie Dunlop and Jennifer Jaden and so far has covered ‘Saying goodbye to Diets’ and ‘Your Inner Self critic’; what I really like about it is that both girls aren’t afraid to share their personal experiences and are willing to talk openly about the issues. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next!
- Ted Talks daily – Everyone knows about Ted Talks on YouTube and this is just the Podcast version, I love TT because the episodes are so dramatically vast, covering every topic imaginable. One minute you are listening to ‘3 Fears about Screen time for kids and why its not true’ to Ronald Sullivans ‘How I helped free innocent people from Prison’ I always feel way more educated after I have listened to an episode! I guarantee you will find something to suit you!
- The Glossy Podcast – I particularly like this Podcast because it typically covers fashion and beauty brands but in the business sense, discussing the economic climate and how the industry has had to adapt accordingly. I really liked the Rachel Zoe episode and have the Phil Picardi one ready on my unplayed list!
My unplayed list as you can imagine is building rapidly and I have yet to listen to Breaking Beauty Podcast, Bryony Gordons Mad World and The Mothering Kind so I will report back once I have given them a go…
Let me know if you have any favourites that I need to check out!
Love Harriet x
I used to be such a book worm until the last few years where I’ve hardly picked up a book or felt engaged enough to see one through, I could blame an over active brain juggling work and a toddler, come 7.30pm I just want to sit and not focus on anything..until now!
This year my birthday list included quite a few books that I fancied delving into. Estee Lalondes’ Bloom being one of them, mostly because it looked so pretty and a perfect asset to any coffee table! Giovanna Fletcher and Fearne Cotton well they are majorly on my girl crush list and both books so different but equally intrigued me!
I read Bloom in a day, I had some time to take from work and with Sonny in nursery, the light hearted and beautifully presented book was so easy to read. I loved the variety of sections detailing Estée’s life and experiences plus growing up at a similar time meant so much of it was relatable and the references I totally got! The photos are as you expect, gorgeous! I totally recommend this as an easy flick through book especially if your in you mid to late (ahem) twenties.
I am a massive advocate of taking time for yourself, whether its a quiet walk by yourself, an exercise class or if your lucky an amazing spa treatment, I think that taking some time for yourself should be a priority… a priority in order to keep sane!
We all have busy bustling lives, juggling many different priorities and often leaving our own needs to the bottom of the pile. I know before I had Sonny I was running between a million different things, over booking myself and burning the candle at both ends big time!
Now that I am a mum, the overload has truly blown up. I obviously now have a massive priority that takes up the majority of my time (which is fab, may I add) however, the other jobs haven’t gone away, throw part time work into the mix along with the normal house, day to day tasks and you have yourself a busy ol’ cocktail right there!
I’ll grasp onto any remains of a social life I can plus I am lucky to have a husband who understands an exercise class is a great remedy for me to switch off.
I know I ‘m starting to feel like a re-charge is needed, my energy levels feel decreased, my skin looks lack lustre and I just feel a little bit mehh…Its time for a little pinch of ‘me’ time to get some sparkle back, sooooo a date with myself will firmly be on the cards soon!
In the meantime I’ll get way tooo excited about my evening wind down routine of make up off, pyjamas on, cup of tea, something sweet in hand whilst firmly planted on the sofa! Its the little things like this, a little breathing space, good for the soul!
What are your favourite things to keep yourself happy and looked after? I’d love more ideas…
Love Harriet x