I’m not sure why but I am feeling festive so much earlier this year, the excitement waves keep hitting me and the diary is rapidly getting booked up with Christmas parties and events; I’m almost a little scared that this spirit needs to stay put for quiet a while until the end of December!
A couple weeks ago I had an itch to cook up some ginger bread biscuits and haven’t stopped making them ever since, so I thought I’d share this simple recipe in case anyone wants to whip up a batch and get those lovely festive baking smells filling the house!
Also I did let Sonny get involved when making some Halloween skeleton men something that if you read my last post you’ll know is a big step…..it was an easy mum/toddler baking experience following these instructions….
- 150g Muscovado sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbs golden syrup
- 400g plain flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 4 tsp Ginger
- Pre heat the oven to 180 and line some baking trays with parchment
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add the eggs and the syrup and mix well to combine
- Add in the dry ingredients and with a wooden spoon mix well to form a delicious dough
- Flour your surface and roll out the dough in sections ready to cut your biscuit shapes
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes, leave to cool before icing as desired
You can have loads of fun cutting shapes and creating a twist on the ol’ ginger bread man classic!
Love Harriet x