There hasn’t been a brand discussed in the beauty industry with as much curiosity for a long time then ‘The Ordinary’. Appearing in blogs, vlogs and beauty pages, these little glass bottles of formula are creating ripples through the multi million pound market.
I, of course jumped on the band wagon and needed to see what the hype was all about! The Ordinary ordered through the site DECIEM is a brand that focuses on the clinical formulations of products rather than the ‘insensible pricing strategies’ many companies chose to adopt, hence why the price tag is so reasonable! I’m talking £8 for the Advance Retinoid 30 mls of anti ageing, anti pollution serum that revivals (and as some top beauty bloggers say is better than…) Sunday Riley’s Luna priced at £85.
You will never learn as much about yourself as you do when you have a child…The length of your patience and how far it can really be pushed, how breathing and counting to 10 does really help, how much you can REALLY love someone and how a simple unprompted cuddle can cause ripples of emotion.
Here are also some life lessons perhaps I didn’t give enough value to…
- 6pm has a new meaning to the day…wind down, bed time hour, time for milk and snuggles and an hour until my little bundle of craziness gives me some ‘quiet’ time!
- Mr Tumble provides a great free babysitter…no i’m not talking about leaving the house but simply a second to put a wash on, clean the house without ‘mummy football’ following me around. Mr T is a permanent fixture on our sky record.
- Flop from Bing is #parentgoals how does he remain so calm and focused?
- Why does the world insist on being extra loud when its nap time? charity workers decide its the perfect time to knock on the door, neighbours start strimming the grass…NO NO NO
- Snacks and bribes should be taken EVERYWHERE! in the car, in every single bag I own!
- YouTube has demos for everything you could need; Setting up the pram, installing the IsoFix..the list is endless to tap into
- A quiet but more importantly hot cup of tea is like winning the lottery….A magazine or book is a bonus prize! Simple things you don’t value until you are a parent.
- Finding mum friends and going for a park date or walk is more fulfilling and soul satisfying then any expensive baby club!
- Mum guilt will hit you but its normal and so so common…talk to those mum friends they will make you feel better!
- You become amazing at inventing characters and scenarios to entertain your toddler or to help with a simple task… Currently Sonny believes the neighbours cat is watching him eat his dinner and monitoring his progress, anything for another spoonful of pasta!
As we are rapidly approaching the 2 year mark I am sure there is plenty more to learn and open my eyes up so I will keep you updated!
Have you learnt anything extra? I’d love to hear them!
Love Harriet x
Ok, so I love an Easter cornflake chocolate nest (who doesn’t?) and I will 100% be baking some cream egg rocky road for the Easter celebrations (check out my insta over the bank hol weekend!) but I have also made these little mini-egg delights and I just HAD to share the recipe!
These little bites are so incredibly easy to make and taste so delish plus they look impressive.. You gotta bring these to the Easter table!
*400g White chocolate
*250g Mini eggs
*1 can of Condensed milk
*2 tsp of Vanilla essence/ extract
*1 tbs of butter
*Put the mini eggs in a bag and bash them into random size pieces
*Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water
*Once melted add the condensed milk and mix whilst on a low heat
*Take the bowl off the heat and mix in the vanilla and butter
*Add in 3/4 of the mini eggs and combine well
*Pour into a lined tin and add the remaining eggs to the top
*Leave on the side to cool for 30 minutes, then transfer to the fridge for 3.5 hours
*Cut up and try not to eat too many yourself!
Happy Easter, Love Harriet x
The day most girls dream off, the part of your planning you really want to devour and enjoy every second… yep the wedding dress shopping!
I think dress shopping can go 2 ways, either blissful and dreamy just like you envisaged or utter hell, confusion and stress..not what you planned! I have put together some tips in the hope that it eliminates the latter and instead gives you a day you remember for the right reasons.
Oat crunch is surely something I can pass off as half good for you right?? I mean its oats and that’s a beneficial aspect to any diet?..Ok joke aside its one of the easiest things to whip up and bake for a massive sugar hit and in this case a good lashing of caramel and chocolate.